Rampart High School Assessments
Welcome students, parents and teachers to the 2018 State Assessment Season! Please read this page and click on any relevant links for information about PSAT-9, PSAT-10, SAT (both with and without Writing) and CMAS-Science.
Assistant Principal, Deirdre Mostica is the School Assessment Coordinator (SAC) for Rampart High School.
Please click on the appropriate link for complete information regarding each assessment.
In accordance with the accompanying policy (IKA-R), the parent/guardian of a student enrolled in the district may request that his or her child be exempt from participating in one or more state assessments.
Please put "Opt Out" in the subject line
Please be specific on student/s names and assessment/s that are being opted out.
1. The request for exemption must be submitted in writing to the school principal.
2. The parent/guardian will not be required to state the reason for asking for the exemption.
3. The request for the exemption may apply to all or specific state assessments administered to the student during the school year.
4. A request for exemption will be valid for one school year. Request for exemption from state assessments in subsequent school years requires a new written request.
5. Parents/guardians are encouraged to submit their requests for exemption at the earliest possible date each school year so that the district may plan accordingly.
Information to parents/guardians
Each school year at earliest possible time, the district shall distribute a calendar to students' parents/guardians regarding the state and district assessments that the district will administer that year. This information shall also be posted on the district's website.
At a minimum, the district assessment calendar shall include:
-an estimate of the testing hours required on each testing day;
-whether the assessment is required by federal and/or state law or was selected by the district;
-the purpose of the assessment; and,
-the manner in which the assessment results will be used by the district and by the Colorado Department of Education (if applicable).
Adopted: August 13, 2015