The purpose of this School Accountability Committee (SAC) is to ensure the ongoing excellence of the educational process at Rampart High School (RHS). The RHS Accountability Committee fulfills the Colorado Department of Education requirements and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Budget: reviewing and making recommendations to the principal concerning priorities for spending school funds;
• Site Plan: reviewing and making recommendations to the principal concerning the school site plan;
• Accreditation: reviewing school performance and achievement and making recommendations concerning the preparation of the school’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement, or Turnaround plan; and
• Safety: Providing recommendations concerning school safety.
The membership of the RHS accountability committee shall consist of the following members:
o The principal of the school or the principal’s designee; o At least one teacher who provides instruction in the school;
o Up to 7 parents/legal guardians of students enrolled in the school (one of whom will serve as the District Accountability Representative);
o At least one adult member of an organization of parents, teachers, and students recognized by the school;
o At least one person from the community; and, At least one student.
• Elected parents will serve a 2-year term with the DAC representative serving up to a 3-year term.
• If not all parent seats are filled, the RHS principal shall appoint parent members with a 2/3 confirmation from the current SAC membership.
o A SAC appointee shall serve up to a 3-year term as a member to the District Accountability Committee (DAC).